While we refer to the process as "adding a Subdomain", the actual method of doing this is called "adding an A record".
Adding an A record with GoDaddy
- Log in to your GoDaddy account, and go to the DNS management page.
- On the DNS Management page, at the bottom of the Records section, click Add and select A from the menu.
- Complete the other fields:
- Host Name - Enter the host name the A record links to. This will be booking or bookings depending on your personal preference.
- Points to IP Address - Enter the BoothBook IP address which is 18.104.22.168
- TTL - Select how long the setup should take. This is usually 14400 or 30 minutes
- Click Save.
For help on adding an A Record for domain registered at another company, take a look at GoDaddy's article , or schedule a call at calendly.com/boothbook/dns-setup to connect via remote support and we'll help set it up for you.
It may take up to 48 hours for your custom subdomain to set up properly, you can check on its progress by entering your subdomain eg. booking.mybusiness.com into this website: https://www.whatsmydns.net and click Search. If correct, you will start to see green ticks appearing soon after you've created your A Record, like below. Once every row has a green tick, and is pointing at only 22.214.171.124 your subdomain is ready for us to create your BoothBook system.